Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

24. Alien Sex Fiend—Too Much Acid? (1989)

Denial can be a heady thing. While news of the decaying lunar orbit may cause some to retreat into the comfort of childhood memories, others will no doubt want to party like mad. To party like there's no tomorrow if you will.

During the inevitable maelstrom of sweat and mind-altering chemicals you'll want something fantastic to cut loose to and this live album is the way to go. This is your brain on drugs. Rarely have cheap synths and raw punk rock guitars come together with such furious and fucked up energy. Rarely has a man screamed "Sample my sausage!" with such conviction.

If you've never heard Alien Sex Fiend before, imagine a dash of Hawkwind and a dash of the Cramps filtered through layer upon layer of noisy post-punk jaggedness and gothy new wave camp. If you have heard Alien Sex Fiend before, imagine their best possible concert because I swear that's exactly what this album sounds like—even though, in reality, the songs were culled from multiple shows.

This truly is an amazing album that makes me want to throw down and party every time I hear it. And—most amazingly for such a raw, wild and wooly kind of an album—it really rewards multiple listens.

Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote