Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #156 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
And in saying that, I don't really remember MB being much different than it is now since I've been here. As I think I've said somewhere in this thread before, it's only gotten as stale as anything else I'm this familiar with, ie not very in my opinion.
I've never really taken part in many of the underground-ier sections of MB. I don't really go into the Punk section or its sub-forums, I never do any of the electronica stuff, and while I like Indie, going into that section makes my skin crawl so I avoid it like the devil. I say this because it might be different there but...

I feel as if when people remember the good old days they remember brutal in fighting and mean and slightly humerous personal attacks. take this how you'd like but those are squashed before they even erupt these days. Maybe fighting drives people off, who knows.

The boards aren't dying they are just running slower. Good posts are made, but good posts aren't encouraged. I would say, if you want to solve the supposed issue of disinterest, when you see a post you thought was insightful, quote it, respond to it, and challenge the other persons position. Make them explain it.