Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #161 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I know where you're coming from, as I certainly get the feeling that I don't exactly see eye-to-eye with a lot of people in a musical taste sense here myself. I don't really think I ever have, and that's not me trying to be a hipster or anything, but more a way of saying that I guess it depends how you use this place. I personally only use MB as a place to bring up music in a way that real life doesn't let me, seeing as it's very hard to find people who don't use music forums who have even slightly similar tastes to me. As far as that goes, I don't think this place will ever exhaust itself with me...at least as long as I keep feeling as passionate about music as I do. I do agree that it's definitely a pain in the arse if you wanna educate people around here though.
This exactly. Music is one of the largest parts of my life, and it gets very frustrating to be out in the world and not be able to talk about it in the depth that I want to. Even if I meet someone who likes a band that I know most people haven't really heard of, as soon as I go deeper and list off their influences and related bands I get nothing but a blank stare. This is like therapy just knowing there are people in the world who love music like I do...even if their tastes are completely different.