Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #162 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Yeah, I get that feeling too, and I do remember it vaguely. I did join up around the time there was still the odd bit of that going on, back when Cobe Kai came here and Lucifer Sam would, frankly, have a tendency to act like a bit of a prick, and so on. I guess those things do liven up the boards and so on but, the fact is, there aren't even a lot of particularly abrasive people joining MB these days. About 99% of the posts I delete and bannings I give out are just for people who can't read the rules spamming some crap or other.
Cpt. Awesome was the most recent prick I recall.

Whats stimulating are fights. It qould require boths sides to at least be impassioned. But people run away from fights these days. I think in our best intentions, there would be passionate debate on issues. In reality it spills over onto the posters as well but the reason Pricks keep the place alive is that you can't always count on a douchebag to be a douchbag. Most folks just can't be bothered to fight.

Also, a word on similar tastes. I'd be bored to hell if everyone had the same taste as me, and I'd definitly go find another board. I didn't google Musical Tea Party, I googled music banter - and thats what I'm looking for.