Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #163 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Cpt. Awesome was the most recent prick I recall.

Whats stimulating are fights. It qould require boths sides to at least be impassioned. But people run away from fights these days. I think in our best intentions, there would be passionate debate on issues. In reality it spills over onto the posters as well but the reason Pricks keep the place alive is that you can't always count on a douchebag to be a douchbag. Most folks just can't be bothered to fight.

Also, a word on similar tastes. I'd be bored to hell if everyone had the same taste as me, and I'd definitly go find another board. I didn't google Musical Tea Party, I googled music banter - and thats what I'm looking for.
Which is basically why I stick around.

As for Captain Awesome, yeah, the guy's a nobhead and no mistake but, as you say, people in general don't really feel inclined to to have a good old-fashioned scuffle around here these days. I remember Hiu (who to me just seemed an out-and-out bellend without any real interest in musical debate since he made his brief comeback), but other than that I can't recall any particularly aggressive members here stretching back at least a year. It's just a question of the kinds of people who sign up here and, obviously, there's nothing that can be done about that. I personally don't feel that that mindset's exactly dangerously detrimental to the MB experience if you will (I actually quite like it), but then again that's just the kinda person I am.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote