Music Banter - View Single Post - Likes/Dislikes
Thread: Likes/Dislikes
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #139 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Looks like we have some more Likes & Dislikes in common, Erica.

Now we'll remember it tilde end of time.
Liz, Liz, Liz! I think you may just be my long-lost (Internet) sister I always wanted but never had...Liz.

I'm glad you and I won't forget the tilde again. Now we will remember it tilde end of time, like you wrote, you punster, you.

I was pleased you know the tickly feeling of fish bumping into your feet while you're wading. I like brown, too, and I look forward to menopause (it will be nice to finally have some underwear that won't get bloody, though I don't look forward to osteoporosis!). I forgot about Wii Sports. I play Wii Sports myself (I bet your son likes it, too. Mine beats me almost all the time in the dogfights!). In fact I'm going to play Wii Sports in about 10 minutes! I don't like playing it an awful lot...but I like playing it because my son enjoys it.

I'm curious about more likes/dislikes we have in common or don't. For example, which are some of the gender-based customs you like? Maybe I'm overlooking some good ones? Here are more of my Likes and Dislikes, Liz, so we can compare them:

More of My Likes:

*Bubbles that float up from a bottle of dishsoap (when you squeeze the bottle just slightly, this sometimes happens by accident. I get very excited!)
*The first hint of pale green leaves emerging from trees in spring. (You see them as a pale green haze when you overlook a deciduous tree grove.)
*The scent of linden tree flowers. Mmmm! Heavenly.
*Dipping graham crackers into (rice) milk (until half is so soggy that it threatens to tear off as you lift it, dangling, up to your mouth.)
*Oreo-type cookies
*Hail...at least the small kind. (I used to put them in the freezer as a kid.)
*Birds...parakeets, for example...and their small warm feet on my finger.
*Rats and mice and their little sniffing noses
*When muscles ache after exercising (kind of a good pain)
*When driving, I like stopping to let pedestrians cross at walkways (I think this may be the only opportunity in life to feel magnanimous. I always enjoy letting pedestrians cross, because they are so happy and appreciative even though it is such a simple little thing you are doing, really.)
*The song "Scarlet Ribbons" (I loved loved loved this song as a child, ribbons! Somehow, you made me think of this song. I don't know why. ;-) When I was a girl, the song let me imagine that there is a kindly being watching out for me...something I've never believed in, but I think you do. It was a lovely idea to think that magically a little girl might get the ribbons that she wanted, like a gift from the universe.)YouTube - Jim Reeves: Scarlet Ribbons

More of My Dislikes:

*Hypocrisy
*Blind patriotism
*Nasty comments such as malicious sarcasm
*Cigarette smoke (it makes me sad...an aunt is so addicted she can't quit despite having breast cancer; also, I don't want to get secondhand smoke)
*When drivers speed and don't bother signalling
*Watching sports (except gymnastics and ice skating) <--Eegads, I think I fit the female stereotype here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea-Destruction View Post
Dislikes: Burnt Hair
Oh, yes, Dea, the smell of burnt hair is very disturbing. Acrid. Pungent. I dislike it, too.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 05-26-2010 at 03:17 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote