Music Banter - View Single Post - Likes/Dislikes
Thread: Likes/Dislikes
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #151 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Liz, Liz, Liz! I think you may just be my long-lost (Internet) sister I always wanted but never had...Liz.
I feel flattered to be considered your long-lost 'netsister, sweet Erica, Erica, Erica!
Quote:
I was pleased you know the tickly feeling of fish bumping into your feet while you're wading.
Must be my Piscean nature - I feel comfortable with my fellow fish...even though I am very ticklish!
Quote:
I look forward to menopause (it will be nice to finally have some underwear that won't get bloody, though I don't look forward to osteoporosis!).
My mother and one of my sisters had very early menopause without many unpleasant symptoms. I'm hoping for the same!
Quote:
I forgot about Wii Sports. I play Wii Sports myself (I bet your son likes it, too. Mine beats me almost all the time in the dogfights!). In fact I'm going to play Wii Sports in about 10 minutes! I don't like playing it an awful lot...but I like playing it because my son enjoys it.
Hope you two enjoyed your Wii Sports match! We don't have the dogfights on our Wii Sports. I believe what you have is Wii Sports Resorts, which is a newer version. We have the regular Wii Sports which came with the console put out several years ago. I originally bought the Wii for my daughter who quickly lost interest. My son, on the other hand, loves it! We play the tennis, bowling, and baseball together most often. I try to restrict his play time mostly to weekends - otherwise he'd never get off the thing!
Quote:
I'm curious about more likes/dislikes we have in common or don't. For example, which are some of the gender-based customs you like? Maybe I'm overlooking some good ones?
Maybe I commented too hastily and didn't understand what you meant, exactly, by "gender-based customs"? I was thinking along the lines of how women and men are very different but can be complementary in those differences, and how that can sometimes be a nice thing. Like, I think it's nice if a man holds open the door for you or is generally gentlemanly. Or, as a woman it gives me pleasure to be nurturing and supportive in various ways. I think retaining a bit of those "traditional" behaviors helps men and women express appreciation for each other. And as men and women often have difficulty understanding each other, I think that's important. (Still, Erica, I'm not sure I comprehended what you meant by "gender-based customs".)

More tomorrow on the rest.........
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote