Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 AM   #534 (permalink)
Dom
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connair View Post
I am new to the drums and was wondering if there are some good techniques to get some different beats, cause i can only play a simple rock beat.

Also does anyone know how to vary the notes on a Jew Harp? I'm new to that also.
There aren't really any techniques to new beats; you've just got to learn the new beats (unless you're talking blast beats, etc.). I would suggest listening to songs you know have a fairly simple beat and either trying to work it out by listening to it or looking at some tabs for it. Learning to play songs, I find, is the best way to learn new beats (especially if you listen to a variety of genres). Do you take drum lessons?

But yeah as you probably guessed, I play drums and I'm absolutely loving it. I also play bass a bit but I'm awful at it. But still pretty fun.

No more stories / are told today / I'm sorry / they washed away // No more stories / the world is grey / I'm tired / let's wash away.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote