Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #499 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
It comes up the first start up and allows me to go into f2&f12 then I could sit in them for as long as I wanted. The laptop isn't even a year old yet, it's about 9 months old.
Go to your boot menu (f12 I'm assuming) and try to boot in safe mode.
If you can do that, re-start the computer, go back to the boot menu, choose "last known good configuration" and try to boot normally.
If it doesn't work, go back to the boot menu, boot back into safe mode and find out when your last system restore point was created.
If you don't know how, google it.
Once you find out... and hopefully there's a recent one, weigh the pros and cons of losing whatever you put on your computer between the time of the restore point and now, and make your decision.
If yes, go ahead and restore your computer to an earlier time (the last restore point, provided it's recent enough to not do much damage).
If no, come back here and ask me pretty please and I'll see about doing some research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james44754 View Post
Thanks but now it says "The file kstvtune.ax on Widows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD is needed.
Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.
Ok, I'm starting to get the feeling that either your computer isn't updated or your webcam software isn't updated.
Go to the start menu and right click My Computer, go to Properties, and in the General tab... under System: tell me which service pack it says. 1, 2 or 3.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote