Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Local Bands
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #120 (permalink)
NoHoldsBarred
Groupie

Anyone else here from NYC? There's this guy on the radio here I started listening to because I (and a LOT of PJ fans) thought he was giving away Pearl Jam tickets (but he didn't, which REALLY pissed me off). I went to the PJ show at MSG this past weekend and apparently the guy at the NY Post wrote a bad review of it. I don't read the NY Post though, I know this because this guy absolutely RAILED on the review and the guy who wrote it live on the air, it was glorious. It was Rich Russo on his show Anything Anything, Sunday nights, from 9PM to I think 11? on 101.9 WRXP. The guy goes off on stuff like this all the time, I think his deal is he doesn't have a supervisor and can say anything he wants (Get it? Anything...Anything? ) Anyway, as a die-hard PJ fan, this Rich guy has a new fan in me, haha ^^

Slightly more on topic, one of my favorite venues here in NYC is Rockwood Music Hall on the Lower East Side. They have a different band there every, like, HOUR, from 6PM on, weekdays AND weekends. Awesome. This band I really like, Benyaro, is playing there Thursday night, June 8th, yay! Anyone else happen to be going to that show?

Last edited by NoHoldsBarred; 05-27-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Spelling/grammar
NoHoldsBarred is offline   Reply With Quote