Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #500 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Go to your boot menu (f12 I'm assuming) and try to boot in safe mode.
If you can do that, re-start the computer, go back to the boot menu, choose "last known good configuration" and try to boot normally.
If it doesn't work, go back to the boot menu, boot back into safe mode and find out when your last system restore point was created.
If you don't know how, google it.
Once you find out... and hopefully there's a recent one, weigh the pros and cons of losing whatever you put on your computer between the time of the restore point and now, and make your decision.
If yes, go ahead and restore your computer to an earlier time (the last restore point, provided it's recent enough to not do much damage).
If no, come back here and ask me pretty please and I'll see about doing some research.

Ok, I'm starting to get the feeling that either your computer isn't updated or your webcam software isn't updated.
Go to the start menu and right click My Computer, go to Properties, and in the General tab... under System: tell me which service pack it says. 1, 2 or 3.
In boot menu it says:

1. PCI BEV: P4-HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10N
OR
5. SATA HDD: Hitachi HTS545050B9A

<enter setup>

What do i pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote