Music Banter - View Single Post - R&B/SOUL. From the 60s & 70s.
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #87 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Very punny, dear Erica! Well, you are the right track LIZtening to right-track's collection. My knowledge of '60s/'70s soul/R&B definitely pales in comparison!
I had a nice LIZurely time LIZtening to right-track's thread, LIZ!

Well, I tried to think if I knew (on my own) of any R&B or Soul song from the 60s or 70s so that I could contribute *something* to this thread. Only one song came to mind: "Do you love me," the 1962 hit single recorded by The Contours for Motown's Gordy Records label.

The only reason I heard this song when I was younger is that it was in the movie Dirty Dancing. I like this song because it is peppy and happy. It makes me want to dance...which is kind of rare these days. I like the beat, the catchy tune, the clapping, and the decreases and then surprise increases in volume.

I also like the singer's voice that can be warm sometimes but scratchy and raw at other times. A very playful and fun song, I feel! I even don't mind that it's about infatuation (since usually I don't like love songs...especially mushy ones...but this one isn't mushy).

So, is this R&B? It isn't soul, is it? Whatever it is, I like it:

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 05-27-2010 at 07:50 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote