Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggest MusicBanter events, theme days and the like!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Heya!

To me, MusicBanter seems a little slow these days. It's nothing unusual, I guess .. Summer's coming and it's usually a bit slow around here then.

Still! That doesn't mean we have to accept it. I thought perhaps it would be fun to have events or even theme days/weekends/weeks and the like around here to spice things up a bit. Just what they would be, I don't know, so I'd like to stimulate you guys' imaginations a bit. Basically, if you have an idea for how to do a specific MB event or a theme day or something, make a post and let us know! If we come up with some things, I can perhaps make a kind of MB internet browser calendar where people can see what happens, where (what thread) and when.

Right now, I have one suggestion :

Diversity Day

The title is of course a reference to The Office where diversity day was a day to celebrate different cultures. I would like to celebrate diversity, but specifically in music styles and genres. My idea was we could have perhaps a day or week or something when we have lots of different comps going that are genre/style specific, for example black metal, hip hop, country, prog, jazz, rock - lots of comps going on parallell at the same time. Participants can contribute to as many comps as they want.

Obviously, I can't run every comp on my own, so I think each comp should have it's own thread made by one member who takes care of organizing it (putting it together and uploading it, basically). It doesn't have to be moderators - I and others can help sticky threads etc What do you guys think? If someone knows of a comp they'd like to run, write a post!

Are there any other ideas or suggestions for events? Could be anything, like a bull**** day where you're allowed to lie about everything you post f.ex. Let's see some creative juices flowing!
I don't think I have seen the chatbox stop moving in over a year. I nominate the chatties.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote