Music Banter - View Single Post - mewithoutYou
Thread: mewithoutYou
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Seriously the lyrics in the debut album are amazing, I love just about every song. So raw and emotional. One of my favorites from Catch Us for the Foxes is "Paper Hangers".

I didn't know that about Aaron Weiss getting more 'in touch' with religion. I knew they were Christian from the beginning (I think) but one of the things that appealed to me is that they weren't preachy and I was able to enjoy them purely based on the sound of their music. And you could interpret the lyrics any way you want, really, even if he was talking about his relationship with god half the time. Now, it's too obvious and I don't want to hear that. Pretty sad to hear they hardly play older stuff and even worse, change the lyrics. *shudder* Wish I'd gone to see them before it was too late.

Ya man, he actually doesn't claim Christianity as his faith, despite being a part of Tooth and Nail. His father was Jewish and his mother Christian, I believe, both converted to Islam. So, he has a whole mess of religious influence. I always found it quite evident in their songs, but never overwhelming until now, like you stated. ''How long, my Lord, how long must I sing this song, and my Lord, how much more of this just pretending to be strong? Just stand before your throne, and dressed in beauty not her own, all soft and small, you'll hear her call you 'brought me here, now take me home.''

Its still above the level of bad ass in my eyes.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote