Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #810 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
Sure, but that wasn't the point of Big3's list, so you missed the point...
What point? The point that American music is seemingly more popular at the moment? It's all opinion simple as that. BTW Jet are Australian and are terrible Try Cog or Karnivool! British music is popular HERE just as American music is POPULAR over there.

If big 3 is saying that American music is in the ascendency then that's fine but I live in Britain and hear British music first and like it too. Just because it doesn't get pushed as much due to financial constraints doesn't mean it's not without merit.

American guitar inspired music is much more focused than ours at the moment but our Electronic music is is on the same par but due to the small niche it caters for, means that it is not as well known yet it's independent too and just as relevant.

Their are merits in all countries music and I acknowledge this but I don't see this from others merely because it's not their kind of music.

I honestly do not give 2 fucks where music comes from. If it's good it's good but what I will do is defend my own countries musical heritage and future. Should I think otherwise?

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote