Music Banter - View Single Post - Israeli military storms aid ship headed for Gaza, at least nine activists dead
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

technically it's an act of war. hoping cooler heads prevail at the UN when they discuss what really happened though i really don't see how Israel can justify boarding a humanitarian vessel via helicopter in the middle of the night in international waters. the people on the boats had every right to defend themselves from an unprovoked act of aggression.

besides it's not like Israel couldn't search the boats as soon as they docked like they normally do. plus if the convoy 'was' carrying weapons why did everyone resorts to stick and knives to fight back some of the most highly trained soldiers on the planet? why are there no reports of any shots being fired at the helicopter? shots fired on the bridge of a boat seem sensible considering the situation, though it's very hard to say if it was a soldier, one of their weapons in a resisting hand or an illegal weapon.

plus it's not like Turkey isn't a NATO country and part of the UN. this wasn't some unnamed pirate ship with a humanitarian front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote