Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #207 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
I like your poem Erica & hope that you get your own music with it, I always liked the sounds produced by a Chelo.
Good writing my dear and good luck with your music, oh..and by the way, if you dont mind me asking.
How long have you been writing?
To me..writing is just like everything else, the more you write the better lyricist you will become.
VocalsBass, I'm glad you liked the poem. I wasn't sure how well my use of the word "womb" would go over with people! The word usually makes me giggle, maybe because it reminds me of "wombat."

A chelo! Do you mean a blond, fair-skinned, blue-eyed person? I *used* to be blond when I was 5...but I don't think that will count now that I'm mouse-brown!

Thank you for the encouragement. In answer to your question, I began writing poems when I was 12, just for myself, because I liked to reflect on my feelings and life by writing about them. I was 12 quite a long time ago, so if practice does cause improvement, then I should be much improved!

Then around 2 years ago while I was making up a poem for someone, when I thought of the words they "came with" a tune. Ever since then I've been writing lyrics rather than just poems, because the words and tune kind of come "packaged" together when I imagine them.

Thanks again for your comments and question!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote