Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

* El Último de la Fila. Already mentioned here, but now I'd like to show two of their songs as an example. Because this is one of the most important Spanish-language bands of all time, among other things due to their originality. I recommend their entire discography. The following songs are Llanto de pasión ("Crying of Passion", 1988) and Lápiz y tinta ("Pencil and Ink", 1993). The former is about memories of a first love. A catchy, but also very emotional song, heartbreaking and melancholic like few others.

(Llanto de pasión's lyrics and translation here)

* The band (actually a duo) broke up in 1998, but Manolo García continued his career as a singer-songwriter. His songs (very good too) have also those characteristic folk elements of the former act.

* La Frontera (since 1985). I think their best album is Rosa de los Vientos (1989), which includes these two great songs: El límite ("The Limit") and Juan Antonio Cortés.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 08-15-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: First video link (it was broken) fixed
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote