Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #12128 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Not to start with all the miseries of the day. The last major thing:

My friend had a gig, and opening for some restaurant. she plays in a Jazz/Rock n Roll band, and she asked me, my friend and my cousin (her bf) to go take pictures and record a video of her band, so they would use the footage in their DVD demo. So we went.

We arrived, and two hours passed with the sound engineer not having an idea of what the "recording level" means (which was at -20dB), and all the technical problems in the world happened in these 2 hours (from low batteries, burnt batteries, electrical cuts, distortions and low levels etc...).

So the sho finally began, 10 minutes later, some "guest stars" start lip syncing these horrible songs. So we somehow felt sick for half an hour, so did the band, that didn't get why they were inserted in this kind of restaurant, playing some Arabic traditional ugly pop.

Half an hour later, came the turn of the band, and they started with some Rock n Roll classics, mixing them with some Jazzy improvisations... and through the whole two hours, only 4 people clapped. My cousin, my friend, another friend that came to cheer her boyfriend, and I.
Not even after 2 hours, did people give up and clap. So it became like some kind of private party, for us 4. Knowing that no one else is trying to listen.
After the band finished, the "DJ" continued with the Arabic traditional folk boak, and we left. No one did get what the manager had in mind when he planted them in this restaurant, no one does get why they're still playing there for the rest of the week.

And thus, we got in a way depressed, just not understanding the world surrounding us, and continued to a pub.
My friend was truly depressed after it all. Never in my life did I find people abstaining that much to listening.
Bah... in a way we had fun. Some truly legendary pictures were taken, as the band members were in some dark corner, we spent the night photographing each other with weird cinematic effects. I shall upload them sometime soon.

So here. My day.
Now I got home, and it's 3 AM, and I have some sound exam tomorrow.
Wish me luck. Cheers.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote