Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Greatest Frontmen of All-Time
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #207 (permalink)
glastonelle
lets make a mess, lioness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
It used to be my obsession. It was just a DIY attitude, pick up a guitar, write a few songs with 4 chords and rhyme nonsensical things together.

The Cocaine Album = Be Here Now. They were on a shit load of cocaine through that period, once the money from WTSMG came through, Noel Gallagher got a phone call saying "You are now a millionaire" a million pounds through royalties hit his bank. So 96 to 98 was just drugs on a excessive scale, hence why Be Here Now was so bad (in many peoples eyes, most oasis fans really like it but it's considered a bad album) overproduced, long, they were dubbing All Around The World as the Hey Jude of their generation etc.

Just made that album with a cocky we're the best band in the world attitude and hooked on a load of drugs and it flopped.
Be Here Now.. you know what? I dont think I've ever even heard that whole album. Ive heard some songs off it, but not enough. I might give it a miss if you say its so bad.. Thats a shame though. I hate it when bands just go completely on the skagg and make completely rubbish music. The Beatles went to India but their music was still great, yet so many others just completely fail.

And NOTHING is the Hey Jude of our generation. That song is a masterpiece yet to be succeeded.
glastonelle is offline   Reply With Quote