Music Banter - View Single Post - Ancient Astronauts
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dom
Music Addict

Default Ancient Astronauts

I came across some interesting theories a while back, and decided to see what MB thinks. The theories are called the "ancient astronaut" theories and all entail Earth being visited by extraterrestrials. Some theories of it say that aliens are in fact the missing link in the human evolutionary chain, using examples such as the Starchild skull as evidence. Other theories say that extraterrestrials are the "Gods" that almost all ancient religions speak of, and that these "Gods" gave them technology.

Evidence proposed for these theories include:
  • Beliefs that the people of the time could not possibly have had the technology or power to create monuments suchs as the Pyramids (some believe we couldn't even replicate some monuments today) to such incredible size and technical accuracy (including things like alginment with constellations).
  • The fact that a lot of ancient religions depict the "Gods" descending from the skies. Some even mention ships made of metal.
  • The interpretation of some ancient art containing deptions of aliens or flying ships.
  • The Nazca lines - they can only be seen properly from the air (the people of the time had no kind of plane or anything), are drawn to a good degree of accuracy and could be interpreted as landing lines or aliens or even messages to them.
  • Some believe that the ancient people had a sudden and inexplicable "boom" in technology, and could not have come up with some of their technologies themselves.

So what do you make of this? Personally I can see some possiblity to this but I think there are better explanations. For example, on a National Geographic programme a while back on the subject, they proved that they could recreate one of the shapes in the Nazca lines using only technology they had at the time to a reasonable degree of accuracy. Interesting nonetheless.

Pictures and more information: Wikipedia article.

No more stories / are told today / I'm sorry / they washed away // No more stories / the world is grey / I'm tired / let's wash away.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote