Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #2381 (permalink)
Live Forever
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by james44754 View Post
No way!
Oasis are in no way comparable to The Rolling Stones, Let It Bleed and Exile are 91877298197273717636671979874374 times better than anyting Oasis recorded.

80's horrible? Hardcore Punk, Post Punk, Jangle Pop, Gothic Rock, The Begginings of Shoegaze, Alternative, Art Pop, the eighties were great for all these genres.

The Strokes are overrated but Kings Of Leon aren't even in the same league, half the bands from the last decade wouldn't even be respected if they weren't inspired by Is This It.

George has the best! I mean you could argue for Lennon all day but Paul and Ringo are **** solo! Have you heard All Things Must Pass

Radiohead are for people who slit their wrists? That's a ridiculous statement, Sure they can be a little depressing but not all of them! And as for Rhythm listen to The National Anthem and then say that again.

Led Zeppelin aren't even ****ing top 10! Sure they wrote some classics, But also some massive piles of **** like Stairway. 4 and Houses Of The Holy are fantastic but other than that, Stolen songs and boring riffs which are in no way experimental is not top 3.
Rolling Stones have made some fantastic music but most of their albums (including the ones you mentioned) sound like cliche bluesy-country-rock I could hear at any bar west of the Mississippi. No doubt they have made some undeniably great **** but I'd put Oasis, The Kinks, Zeppelin, Queen, etc. over them to name a few

Pretty much every genre you mentioned for the 80's is ****e, save maybe some shoegazing

**** The Strokes

All Things Must Pass = one of the most overrated albums ever. And this is coming from a Beatle fanatic. Every single Lennon solo project (excluding those done with Yoko) is better. Paul has many classic solo albums, ignoring some of his 80's stuff... Ringo had an understanded if extremely listenable solo career, much like his Beatles tracks

Radiohead is for people who slit their wrists and are scared of a good rhythm. A few sad/forlorn songs is alright to keep a career interesting but who wants to be the Wes Craven of rock and roll? Mind you that I think some of their work is fantastic, namely their first two albums, but I'm more into uplifting music

Stairway is a pile of crap? That's a laugh
Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote