Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #2393 (permalink)
glastonelle
lets make a mess, lioness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever View Post
Disagree with the first point, nothing really more to say about it.

As I said I'm making a point about the 80's. I'm sure with some thought there are probably 10-15 artists/bands who were good in the 80's, but compared to any other decade, including the 50's, that's friggin' pitiful. Obviously the 00's were mostly crap but at least we didn't have to bear through that atrocious 80's production... the same old synths, the same old snares, the same cheesy reverb... and that spanned genres. The Smiths, there's another good 80's group.

"A Certain Romance", "When The Sun Goes Down", "Crying Lightning", "Brianstorm", etc. etc. Great band. And there's more

Solo George tried to be too complex structurally and melodically in his solo stuff. Put me to sleep. If I want to listen to art rock I'll... no, I just won't.

"Radiohead is for people who slit their wrists and are scared of a good rhythm. A few sad/forlorn songs is alright to keep a career interesting but who wants to be the Wes Craven of rock and roll? Mind you that I think some of their work is fantastic, namely their first two albums, but I'm more into uplifting music" <--from earlier post

The Beatles are number one, Zeppelin is number two... don't see how that's not obvious lol

I really have nothing to say against Dylan. Too many good songs/projects. He might be a tad overrated in the fact that SO many people suck his **** but other than that he's amazing

Queen is crap? That's a laugh

Modern indie rock is for hipsters with no rhythm. Full stop
Your cool
glastonelle is offline   Reply With Quote