Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #81 (permalink)
Live Forever
Groupie

Overrated
GUNS AND ROSES - Horrible, just horrible. Slash is a good guitarist but Axl Rose should have been the one blowing his brains out in 1994.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Really good band and has some classic tunes but they can get a bit annoying, the raps are awful, the funk stuff is just annoying, and the people who are obsessed with them just need to shut up.

Nirvana - Another really good band but they are just another good band in rock history. They didn't change the face of ****, except maybe ushered in a grunge movement that was good for its day but who wants to be angry all day? Big Nirvana fan but I do they think are overrated.

Pink Floyd - Any band that has 2 minutes of random beeping noises and a decent/solid 2 minute guitar rock song and be considered one of the greats is impressive. Doesn't make them the best though. plus some of their chord structures are just strange.

Underrated
Oasis - No surprise that I think this. People hate on them and say they are redundant (can be) but in my eyes way too many rousing numbers, some of the best choruses ever, and some of the best songs ever written in my eyes (Don't Look Back In Anger, Stand By Me, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Supersonic, etc.)

Plan B - Up and coming rapper/singer from the U.K. his newest album The Defamation of Strickland Banks is just fricking fantastic. Motown meets smooth Hip-Hop.

Vampire Weekend - critically acclaimed band but I just think more people should be on to them.

Devandra Banhart - Really creative guy. Amazing voice. Why isn't he a global superstar? Better than most indie crap right now
Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote