Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #905 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex/ View Post
Yes, I know it's very cool to post some kind of one-liner like that. It makes you look very cool. Some actual effort wouldn't hurt anyone.
Thanks for the advice twenty-posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex/ View Post
I'm not talking about Creed, or Nickelback, or Godsmack, or any of that other garbage that grunge spawned. I'm talking about the real stuff. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog, Mad Season, Nirvana. The list goes on.

Did it go a little overboard in popularity? Sure, yeah. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is one overplayed song. But you can't deny that Superunknown, Ten, and Dirt are some of the best rock albums ever produced. Especially in the last 20 years.
Yes, I understand what you're talking about when you say grunge. And, no, I don't think any of the albums you mentioned deserve to be described as some of the best rock albums ever produced. I was in my teens during the heyday of grunge and it didn't seem particularly exciting or groundbreaking to me at the time. Needless to say I haven't found that it's gotten any fresher in the intervening two decades.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote