Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #917 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever View Post
What are your favorite bands/artists?
That would be a mighty long list. But we had a thread a while back where people tried to explain their musical tastes, here's what I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I have a pretty a hard time summing up my tastes but since you ask I'll give it a shot. To start with I would say that really anything that's unique and well done is most likely something that will appeal to me. Various kind of electronic music make up a sizable chunk of my music tastes, this ranges from older stuff like Kraftwerk to new wave to late 80s/early 90s electro-industrial and EBM to trip-hop and dubstep to IDM and breakcore to electroclash. I'm also big fan of loud music and/or music that rocks out pretty hard, this encompasses quite a bit—hardcore, grindcore, thrash, noise rock, stoner metal, death metal, etc. Some longtime favorites of mine are also singer-songwriter types like Tom Waits, Nick Cave, and Leonard Cohen. Aside from that I'm a pretty big postpunk fan too, with Killing Joke, PiL, Gang Four and Wall of Voodoo being some favorites. Then there's the jazz; I'm not a huge jazzhead but I do listen to a fair amount of it, mostly stuff from the 40s through the 70s. Beyond that I have a wide variety of stuff that I dabble in substantially—everything from hip-hop to 50s and 60s pop rock to latin music to african music.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote