Music Banter - View Single Post - International music (in general)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #63 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swink View Post
Niet

not much on these guys on wiki, and theres not really much to know about them. formed around '83 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

This was my favorite of the punk songs you posted, Swink: I'll have to look up more by Niet. Wikipedia says the group revived in 2008 after more than 10 years of not playing. I'm curious what Niet's music is like now. If I find out more, I'll post in the ex-Yugoslavian music thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glastonelle View Post
Röyksopp is a good Norwegian band, as well as the Kings of Convenience. Royksopp is electroish more while KOC is more indie folk.
I listened to the two songs you posted...but during the first one I was distracted by this thought, "Wow! That woman sure looks Norwegian!!! And she's floating." I can't remember much about the song, now, but I can remember her face and blond, blond hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petula07 View Post
Just now I found one band that fits perfectly to this thread too - Afro Celt Sound System.

It's mixture of african, celtic and electronic music. Sometimes instrumental, sometimes with singing in english and some african language. I think it's cool music and I am curious to see them live.

Interesting mixture of sounds...the African and celtic, Petula. I don't usually like music with a definite dance beat, but the first song kind of grew on me a little because of the building momentum and intricate sounds.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote