Music Banter - View Single Post - New WWE game.
Thread: New WWE game.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I used to be a hardcore wrestling fan, I didn't really grow out of it so much as became increasingly disappointed with the decline in quality especially when it came to the WWE. I think pro wrestling hit a peak in the mid late 90s and couldn't go anywhere but down. I think WWE really started slipping after the merge with WCW and ECW, which should have been the greated wrestling event ever but instead it lead to many of my favorite WCW and ECW wrestlers being wasted and reduced to jobbers because Vince McMahon had some kind of ridiculous grudge against his former competition.

Then the wrestling became more mundane and conservative, and they started focusing too much on the storyline BS and it's now pretty common for the promo speechs to last way longer than the actual matches. Also wrestling now has become way too Americanized, not enough diversity in the rosters. Most of the best wrestlers are Canadian, Mexican, Japanese, etc. Because those countries take the atheletic aspects of wrestling much more seriously.

Anyway, my main problem with sports games is that as they become more realistic and more loyal to the sports, they have less things to attract gamers who aren't sports fans. The great thing about older sports games like NBA Jam and the NES sports games is that they didn't require a serious in depth knowledge of the sport. When I played Madden NFL 2002 I had to look up all this stuff about football to even get an idea of what I was supposed to do because these kinda games really are for people who follow the sport, I started to enjoy the game more as I began to understand the sport better.

Another great wrestling game is Saturday Night Slammasters for the SNES. Do give that one a spin.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-04-2010 at 10:52 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote