Music Banter - View Single Post - Hank's Lonesome Ramblings.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

You're off to a hell of a start, Hank! Loved your review, and I really like this statement:
Quote:
On this track there are some false starts where the band starts over after messing up and you can hear them chatting in the background about it for a few seconds. This just gives the album those special touches that make it stand out in my opinion.
I know what you mean, I feel those moments really add to the atmosphere and authenticity of a album and makes you remember that these are just regular people making this music. One of my favorite songs by Emmylou Harris has a moment like that at the beggining. She is playing in front of a live audience and when the guitar players are warming up for the next song this guy in the audience drunkenly yells out 'Emmylou, I loooove youuuu' really loud. Cracks me up everytime I listen to it.

Anyway great review, looks like you have been writing these forever. Can't wait to see what you have next. And feel free to put this review into the classic country albums thread in the album review section if you want.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote