Music Banter - View Single Post - The Disorders and Character Flaws Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLightsLikeRain View Post
I have social anxiety disorder. I have medication, but I am afraid of becoming dependent on it, and so is my doctor, so I use it "as needed". It's like a high dose of mental relaxers when I know I'm entering, or realized I entered, a high anxiety situation. I only go through approx 60 pills a year.

I use to see a psychologist but she was a twat.

I don't like people judging me. A lot of this is rooted in my weight issues and low self esteem because my father always commented on my weight, despite his own problems, and said I looked like a lesbian when I cut my hair short and wore baggy clothes. If my own father could say those things, what do other people think and not tell me? When I do let people close to me, specifically men, in the end when everything goes sour, they admit all their little thoughts about me, which only strengthens the fear of constant judgment.
You always feel as though you're under scrutiny, right? I have a bit of that too but it's specific to new situations. In totally brand new situations, it's near unbearable. And you know it's irrational, but you're unable to control it.
It tends to shape your life into not experiencing anything new because of the fear of having to go through it again. The thing that always helped me was alcohol, and it's probably why I enjoy it so much now.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote