Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest White Rapper *Poll*
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #693 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Not if all of the Eminem voters' reason is that they haven't really listened to 75% of the poll options. I think that's Jester's point. Eminem has made some fun/good music but often the music that he chose to make is really poor quality compared to a lot of the others on the poll. Simply ruined by commercial interests that were probably largely out of Em's control. Eminem is a good or even great rapper but there are many flaws in his music just like any commercial thing.

No matter what, Aesop Rock is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
right, you haven't heard nearly half of the list (and other is a huge option)

you can't make judgments without proper insight
I have heard all the artists on the list. I still listen to many including Ali, Sage, Eyedea, Aesop etc... but I vote Eminem. I've heard 90% of the discos of the artists previously named and worth my time (sorry ICP) and still find him more talented. I agree that alot of his music isn't great, when he gets down to it, he creates lyrics that I feel Aesop nor Eyedea can touch.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote