Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #962 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
My case in point. You don't like British music as a whole. I could argue the same about American music but I won't because I happen to like American music.

I remember reading a post where you said that all modern music came from America which is true (I will find the post- I scoured this one but couldn't find it) but I am counter-balancing that with the fact that we took your building blocks and improved upon them.

I am English and should rightly champion our music but I have never once said that it's better than any other music. I am arguing the fact that you don't seem to want to give our music any respect whereas I have always gave respect where it's due.

How dare I? Well you did hanker for an argument in a lounge thread so I thought I would oblige with a well reasoned reply but instead you think it's a wholly personal attack

My music collection is probably split 40-40 regarding U.S and U.K with the other 20% being other countries, however I have to champion my nations music regardless of what era was better.

The difference here is that whilst I prefer UK music as a whole, I listen to U.S music just as much and acknowledge that whereas you seem hellbent on deconstructing our music even if it has not been as relevant recently.

Who has the best music? No one. We both have some awesome bands and some utter crap. I'm just sticking up for the music that has shaped me.
By Gods Name! JackHammer! that is one the most 'eloquent', diversed pieces of material/post I have ever read on a music forum, of course 'Big3' deserves half of the credits.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote