Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #2569 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
No it's not, if you don't like a band and everyone else thinks they're great, that's pretty good grounds for calling them overrated. That's essentially what the word means.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhovanion View Post
They're overrated to me. And opinions are never incorrect. Why is it ridiculous? Because everyone else praises their music as genius? I'm not everyone else.
Because when something revolutionizes another thing, it can't be overrated.

Quote:
LoL yes exactly!
Then why bother.

I really DGAF if you think The Beatles suck. That's cool and all. But saying they're overrated? Nah.

I think DragonForce are awesome. I don't care what people say. They're not meant to be taken seriously. They have epic, uber-catchy melodies. Lulz-worthy, but oh so cheesily epic lyrics. They incorporate video game sound effects in their music for crying out loud. What's there not to love? [/QUOTE]
Well, so far all of their fans that I've seen write use words like "uber" without known what they mean and say "lulz" a lot. They overuse the word "epic" as well.

Oh, and they don't have any sort of hook, throwaway lyrics, and think incorporating video game sound effects with horrible music is a good idea.

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote