Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #360 (permalink)
katrine
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
I have a question for tore, the monkey, and anybody living in Nordic European countries.

Is it true that tertiary education is free to both citizens and foreigners in many Scandinavian countries? If so, is how difficult are the entrance exams? Are there courses offered in English?
I'm from denmark so i can sort of answer this.
it's has always annoyed me a little when people say that our health care and our education is free because it most certainly isn't - every thing is paid for through our taxes. but yes it's "free" to go to a university in denmark, but i'm sure that only counts for citizens because we pay the money back through tax.
i looked it up and this is what a site called the education guide (Programmes in English) says:
Quote:
In Denmark, a large number of study programmes are taught in English with all examinations being conducted in English.
These programmes are open to foreign students who wish to get an education in Denmark. The programmes in English are taught at various levels and are of varying lengths.
As a foreign student in Denmark you will have to pay tuition fees. The fees vary depending on the type of programme and the educational institution.
For more general information about studying in Denmark, please go to Study in Denmark.
If you need to talk to a study advisor, get more information at Study Guidance in Denmark.
i dont know anything about the exams (and if you even have to take exams to gain entrance to a school) but i'm sure you can find something about it here: studyindenmark.dk

are you thinking about moving to scandinavia?