Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #2588 (permalink)
homesick.alien
awkward moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Why do people consider Radiohead fan boys the worst fanboys about? Most are pretty annoying. But the thing with Radiohead fans (I really like Radiohead, don't get me wrong) but a lot of their fans seem like they have a self importance about them, like they're intellectuals because of their favourite band. Dunno if that's the case but it's just something I've noticed with Radiohead fans I've met/spoke to.

*Shakes head* Obviously you've yet to properly listen to In Rainbows and Hail To The Thief. The arrangements aren't something an ordinary person could create, only Jonny Greenwood could pull something this difficult off and the lyrics just move you, so brilliant, so unique, I mean, have you listened to Paranoid Android properly? The subtle layers of meaning are so bloody brilliant only Thom Yorke could write something like this.

And the fact that they chose to release In Rainbows for free download is such a bloody brilliant idea, only Radiohead could think of something like this and actually pull it off.

I'm telling you, Radiohead is no ordinary band, I'd say they are probably the greatest band of this decade, possibly up there with Pink Floyd and Bob Dylan. I mean, why do you think OK Computer is hailed as the Dark Side Of The Moon of the 90's?

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names"- J.F. Kennedy
homesick.alien is offline   Reply With Quote