Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #544 (permalink)
Tea Supremacist
Like a fart in a trance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
It makes a really lovely sound. At least if you know how to tune it properly (which is a real pain in the arse, what with how tight you have to wind the strings up), otherwise a quick strum sounds like you've just thrown it down the stairs or something. It's a really hard instrument to play as well, so you'll hav your work cut out for ya Once you know four or five four finger chords with it, you'll feel like you can take on the world with it though.
I hope my patience lasts out. It wasn't til this guy came to one of the jam nights in my local with his mandolin and joined in on an impromptu version of 'Zombie' by the Cranberries that I was swayed - I loved how it could make a pretty bland song into something totally different. Luckily, I have a couple of people around me to point me in the right direction, so I wont have to bodge my way through, get frustrated and end up throwing it across the room (R.I.P to the mini accordian that that happened to...)!