Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone notice themselves change since joining MB?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Zer0

I've certainly changed a lot since joining MB. When i first joined all i really listened to at the time were metal bands like Iron Maiden, Children Of Bodom, Slayer etc, and the usual mainstream rock stuff like Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Foo Fighters. The Cure were probably the most adventurous my music taste got. I disliked dance music and most electronic music but that has since changed a lot. Gradually over time my music taste changed and i became more open to other styles of music. I got into more underground music, music genres i didn't even know existed like shoegaze or trip-hop, bands i already knew but i never thought i'd get into like Radiohead and Massive Attack. Really i thought i'd never get into Radiohead.

I've found myself looking for other qualities in music. Before i was mostly just looking for killer riffs and something to rock out to, but now i look for certain feelings music invokes such as melancholy, relaxation, pure joy or even plain misery, i listen out for different or unusual textures in the music or different atmospheres, and i've learned to pay attention to lyrics at bit more and discover their true meaning.

But it's not just musicbanter that has changed me, real life experiences in the past few years have played a big part such as going to college and meeting new friends who are into different types of music.