Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Top 100 'The Most Annoying & Over Rated Items In The World' Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #52 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
While we're on the subject of pointless technology....

And would you really want to spend a few hundred quid on buying one of these & filling it with books and then taking it onto the beach?
You spill a drink on a book it dries out, try spilling a drink on one of these.
You accidently drop a huge ornamental donkey you've bought from your holiday in spain on a book after a drunken night out , nothing happens. Drop it on one of these.....
Ha ha! All very true, Urban, especially the part about the ornamental donkey!

I also would just rather look at print on a page in a book than on an electronic screen. I like actual books partly because they *are* low-tech.

I doubt a computer could simulate the dusty smell of an old book...kind of repellent but interesting...or one that has sat on the floor by the toilet too long, after condensation turns it a little yellow. (This happened to all my brother's Star Trek paperback books when I was a kid, so you read them at your own risk.) And if I were reading on vacation, I'd miss the wind fluttering the pages.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote