Music Banter - View Single Post - Selected Sounds from a Sweet Wolf and 3 Small Animals Partying in A Cave
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #147 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Due to the fact that I still only have a 4GB iPod I'm constantly having to rotate through and decide which albums I sync onto the damn thing based on what I feel like listening to that day. It's gotten to the point that I measure which albums I enjoy most based on how long they get to live in my iPod, and these two bits of brilliance are the recent contenders:

Modest Mouse - No One's First, And You're Next

The reviews I read before downloading were not kind to this EP, but luckily I disregarded them and downloaded it anyway. I think people are forgetting that these are b-sides and it's not a full-fledged album, but honestly I think they should have just released this instead of We Were Dead. I love it. It's quirky and some of the tracks have an older MM feel to them which I love, namely The Whale Song and King Rat. Perpetual Motion Machine is my favorite though. I just really fucking love horns.

Hop Along - Is Something Wrong?

I'm not generally a big fan of female vocalists but I am so unbelievably in love with this girl. And also I basically want to be her. I don't have much to say about this album except that it's amazing and one of my most favorite things in the world. The first time I listened to it I was just so blown away... Her voice is so damn weird but insanely captivating and her lyrics are cute without being gimmicky. Junkyard James is probably in my top ten favorite songs of all time. Or maybe top 20. Definitely top 50. Anyway, I love love love love love this.

Also it should be noted that Hop Along was formerly Hop Along, Queen Ansleis. This is important because the latter released Freshman Year which you should also check out if you have not.

(This video really doesn't do the song justice but there are not many options.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote