Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
I just checked out some other songs from this album. I like it. Kind of like Death in June, only better. =)
Oh, and the heavy part of 'Her' made me jump in my seat. I'll definately have to check this band out.
Heh. Yeah, I love how that part just kind of jumps out like that.

Death in June are one of those bands I've always heard of but never actually listened to. Sounds like I should check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Janszoon -- your # 21 and 22 are kind of blowing my mind.

I've been meaning to check out the Unsane album for a long time but I haven't heard the thing. your review is confirmation that I need to.

On the Swans album you wrote about: it's just fu@king uncanny because that is my favorite Swans album (that I know of: I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of thier music) and I have been half-assed searching for a used copy of that CD for years. I know that it's something I need to have a physical copy of.
That's funny. Great minds, you know.

Not only is that Unsane album good but really all their stuff is worth checking out—their 90s output at least, I still haven't gotten around to giving either of their albums from the 00s a listen.

As far as Love of Life goes, it's unfortunately really hard to track down because it's out of print. I had the cassette for years and years but was never able to track down the CD until an ex-girlfriend of mine somehow managed to find it for me for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
Oh Swans are much better than Death in June. One of my all time favorite bands. From this 90's period I would also recommend The Great Annihilator (1995) and especially Soundtracks for the Blind (1996/97) their final album.
I love both of those albums. White Light From the Mouth of Infinity and Die Tur Ist Zu are amazing as well.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote