Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Top 100 'The Most Annoying & Over Rated Items In The World' Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #66 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I agree that many people get their news from the net these days, but I REALLY don't like the idea of all printed media going away. We need a fucking break from staring at electronic screens all damn day. It feels good to pick up a book or newspaper, giving your eyes a rest. I know the display on e-books is different and developed to be easy on the eyes, but still. I'm more referring to your comment than the e-books.
Oh, it's going to happen. I've only been alive for 18 years but if you dissect those 18 years in terms of technological evolution, it's nuts how much progress we've made.

We went from trekking to the library every time you needed research to flipping open your laptop and going to to google. We went from housephones to an age where a lot of people don't even have a landline anymore because all they use is their cell phone.

I would bet that before I die (assuming that's some time around 70), all of my digitial **** will be hooked into my head projecting an image that only I see like those sci-fi movies always show. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened within the next 30 years.

Last edited by RVCA; 06-09-2010 at 10:29 AM.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote