Music Banter - View Single Post - Ancient Astronauts
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #44 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes
regarding the speed at which information travels through space and time: you are quite right in saying that we can see the light from many millions of years ago. i must admit that i don't see the relevancy of it. if you are referring to my words about "the exponential growth rate" of information, that's something entirely different, referring only to what can be easily observed here on planet earth, which is the quantity of data we have access to, essentially.

and lastly, regarding physical artifacts left by extra-terrestrials: you should really do some research. i'm not gonna sit here and be the guy who preaches about the things he's seen. but i will say that if you look real hard, you will find something really eye-opening. you might even, if you look hard enough, find official evidence in the form of government documents.
The slowness of information is relevant in that while I agree that there must be intelligent life out there, there's little reason they should know about us at all. By the time the light from our planet reaches them, thousands or even millions of years could have passed. Even if they somehow see earth, they won't see earth as it is in real time and so they still might not know we're here.

"Official government documents", wheverever they are produced and by whom, is still not evidence. It's not exactly an abandoned mega structure, ruins of an alien settlement or an artifact like a ray gun. In fact, it's something man-made which is bound to be more or less fiction. However, if you have any such documents lying around, send'em over and I'll take a look.