Music Banter - View Single Post - Would you listen to music in a language you didn't understand?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #95 (permalink)
Dom
Music Addict

I find it's harder to get into songs with a foreign language but yes, I sometimes listen to songs I can't understand, most of them I wouldn't consider great though, just cool sounding and quite catchy really. Like some of CSS's stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Anyway, what annoys me is that consideration of "exotic" (perhaps promoted by some media companies some years ago), as if a language made a whole genre by itself. I hate how they consider a style apart what is nothing but a linguistic classification. That doesn't happen in Literature or Cinema. I still don't know what the hell Latin means, every time I try to mark the genre of an mp3 file in a media player. Julius Caesar playing the electric guitar, Cicero rocking the bass and Octavian at the drums. For Jupiter's shake!
I know what you mean, it annoys me too that they seem to get their own genre for a different language but Latin music is basically music in a Latin-derived language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Latin music is very diverse, with the only truly unifying thread being the use of Latin-derived languages, predominantly the Spanish language, the Portuguese language in Brazil, and to a lesser extent, Latin-derived creole languages, such as those found in Haiti.

No more stories / are told today / I'm sorry / they washed away // No more stories / the world is grey / I'm tired / let's wash away.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote