Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #2651 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
Yeah, no doubt. I'm sure it was revolutionary at the time. I did manage to connect with Kid A about 8 years after it was released though, regardless of that kind of impact.

Those kind of things must be exciting. Seeing as I've only been into music for 4-5 years now, I haven't gotten to see anything too towering happen in music. I'm just going to keep waiting.
KidA never did much for me but that's a whole other can of worms haha

i've felt bad for your generation for a while though, the internet really changed everything. i remember the dominance of AoR and hair metal prior to Nirvana coming and going, and at this point i really don't see how it's possible for another group to come along with that much impact. things are both changing too quickly and remaining far too stagnant. target markets for pop acts keep getting younger and shiftier and with the popularity of reunion tours few has-beens are fading away. the attention whores from the past are still clamoring for the attention of the net. the 'music' stations have dropped their facades and owned up to being nothing more than peddlers of pop culture tripe - and most people seem okay with this. *shrug*

*edit to reply to the above* A one-hit wonder until OK Computer??? yeah because High and Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, and Just really didn't do anything at all on the charts... they might have not eclipsed Creep but they were hardly a one hit wonder. hell, Just routinely gets ranked as one of the best videos of the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote