Music Banter - View Single Post - I need some guitar suggestions.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mikael
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrloser_IX View Post
I'm just wondering, why do you ask about how everything works together to produce the sound, other than curiosity? Are you buying a guitar or making/ having a guitar made. If you are buying one, just ask about the specs on guitars that you find sound good, then find one that plays the way you like, made of similar parts, and sounds similar/to your liking. If your making one, then hmmm... Not sure what to tell you. Don't rush it, think carefully. My friend has been doing this for about 5 years or so. His work is amazing but he is always surprised with how the guitar will sound.
First off thanks a bunch for all the info. Bookmarked and to-do listed.

I'm not planning on building a guitar or anything like that yet, as I'm still a novice to merely playing one. I get obsessive with understanding how things work within things I'm interested in. I plan on playing guitar for a long time and, seeing as I got a late start in music, have a lot to learn. I'd like to learn how to make guitars eventually, too, which is another reason.