Music Banter - View Single Post - Maybe it's just me, but...
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I think the dislike towards mainstream music is a little offensive in that it's so rash and generalized and near automated. I also think the qualities of mainstream pop is often underestimated (read my last post). Still, I myself don't listen to the latest pop music. However, I do occasionally listen to pop music from previous decades which was just as commercial and fake or pretty much whatever else you think pop is as what comes out today. I just don't really make an effort to stay updated with music today as I tend to dig in the past.

Sometimes, people will bash what comes out today for being too commercial while they still love pop hits from the 80s f.ex which can be seen as slightly hypocritical.
I agree to the fullest extent, I see the people who criticize today's music trying to bring Journey back (and I'm talking about people my age in their teens who thought music was so great back in the day), etc.

Mainstream music today may not be breathtakingly original or groundbreaking, but if it sounds good then I'm down with it. I'm not insecure about the "pop" label like so many others seem to be.

Last edited by midnight rain; 06-11-2010 at 06:30 AM.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote