Music Banter - View Single Post - Maybe it's just me, but...
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
clutnuckle
Music Addict

Reinventing the wheel.

There's a good David Tibet quote on the subject, but seeing as I can't seem to find it anywhere, the gist of what he was saying was that pop music (ie. the generic kind, not the stuff that is genuinely original/interesting) is listened to by people who use music for hollow, shallow, petty reasons, not to truly enjoy it. That is all you need to know. If you want to listen to music because you love it and not because the sound of a computer engine running annoys you and you want to mask it, then you can easily find good music out there. The Internet is a fabulous tool for such a thing.

An example: I heard Ke$ha for the first time yesterday. Only because a friend said 'You have to hear how bad this is.' I don't have to hear the bad music, and it doesn't have hear me. It's easily avoidable. Not everybody is interested in music, as some just use it for, as I said, petty/pathetic/boring reasons. That's why a lot of it is pretty bad, and seeing as most people feel that way nowadays, it's popular.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote