Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #1249 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
The Beatles operated in a group. All bands do. Even artists like Björk, who are lauded with praise for their musical innovation, work in a songwriter/producer relationship. Enlisting the help of others doesn't really diminish the actual work an artist does, and in Lady GaGa's case, the majority of her compositions and songs are self-written. All the producers you mentioned worked with her on a track-by-track basis. The producers change on each track, but the only common demoninator on either of her albums is herself. By no means do I think she is a musical genius, and she may not be responsible for every nook and cranny, but she certainly deserves most of the credit.
Really? I already stated that being part of a team doesn't make Gaga unique and that it's already a common thing. You pointing it out - as if it somehow counters anything I've written - only makes it look like you haven't read my posts.

It's just a comment. She's more produced and marketed than most artists out there today. I haven't said she hasn't got talent. I'm just saying if you think her act is genius, include some praise for the designers, producers and songwriters If you don't think Lady Gaga is "designed" somehow, then I believe you are being naive.