Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #1250 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Really? I already stated that being part of a team doesn't make Gaga unique and that it's already a common thing. You pointing it out - as if it somehow counters anything I've written - only makes it look like you haven't read my posts.
Well, if it's such a common thing, why is it only a problem for you when it comes to GaGa? Why are you singling out poor little Stefani? You may as well launch an attack on Björk and The Beatles, if you're trying to discredit people for working with producers and other people.

Quote:
It's just a comment. She's more produced and marketed than most artists out there today. I haven't said she hasn't got talent.
Britney Spears she is not. More marketed than most other artists? Absolutely. She's a pop-artist, so of course she's going to be more marketed than, say, an indie band. The Beatles were marketed like a box of Kellog's Rice Krispies too, so it has nothing to do with an artist's aptitudes. But in the mainstream pop scene, she's probably one of, if not THE least manufactured and least producer-dependant artists out there right now.

Quote:
I'm just saying if you think her act is genius, include some praise for the designers, producers and songwriters If you don't think Lady Gaga is "designed" somehow, then I believe you are being naive.
She is too arrogant to be anything but self-designed, and she simply orders her 'Haus of GaGa' around to make outfits etc. But it's obvious who is running the show, and more importantly, the music, which is her strongest suit imo. And I already said I didn't think she was a genius, so it's hardly me who isn't reading posts properly.

Anyway, Lady GaGa doesn't even hire any 'songwriters', so I wonder how much you really know about her.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote