Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #376 (permalink)
Rhovanion
Under A Violet Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
How often do Europeans eat burgers/hot dogs?
I'm not listed as foreign yet but since I'm European I thought it might be ok for me to chip in.

I think the answer to this question depends on the country/region and the age group. I think Western/Northern Europeans eat more burgers and hot dogs (in general) than the Mediterranean countries do for example. They seem to be more healthy further down south. But when it comes to the Mediterranean, the amount of young people indulging in fast food is probably about the same as in the North.

In Sweden (where I'm from) you'll find combined hamburger, kebab and hot dog stands/kiosks on almost every street corner and you can easily find 3-5 McDonald's restaurants within a mile's radius in downtown Stockholm so people do seem to eat fast food a lot. But on the other hand, it's not very common to serve hamburgers or hot dogs at home for lunch or dinner. In my family we maybe had pizza a few times a year tops, the same with hamburgers or hot dogs. We mostly had "proper" food (fish, chicken, meat, rice, pasta, potatoes etc).